Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013


Approaching two years.

            In just one month we will complete two full years of existence at Pura Vida here in Chandler, Arizona.  I can’t begin to tell you how proud I am of all of us.  Just imagine, opening a business when our economy is suffering.  Starting a “New yoga studio” in a place where several other yoga studios have already existed for many years.  Not to mention, the amount of local gyms within a five mile radius.  Starting a studio that would carry no popular name or brand, no particular “style of yoga,” and a studio that would be driven and developed by those who supported it and practiced in it. 

            Today, all of us refer to Pura Vida as a community.  And it’s become that because of the people who come to it.  Individuals who are tired of depending on medication, being depressed, overweight, not sleeping well and not having enough energy to get through the day.  Individuals who are more than willing to test themselves on any level.  Individuals who want to create change in their health and their lives.  Individuals who want to make things happen and aren’t willing to sit at the sidelines.

As a community we believe in the development of inner power through self knowledge.  In other words, we practice the yoga and we meditate through our practice to learn about ourselves.  To learn about our health, flexibility, strengths, stamina, habits, our drive and our courage.  Our courage to accept where we are and challenge ourselves to create the change we feel we need in our lives.
  
            One of the things I’m mostly proud of at Pura Vida is that we’ve never separated anyone.  We believe in people using their own abilities and their potential to get it done.  Whatever it is that they’re after and with whatever experience they have or don’t have.  We simply bring everyone into the same room and we all get to work.

When I stated earlier that I’m very proud of all of us, I meant that with all my heart.  I believe and understand that without you, we could never exist.  I am appreciative and grateful for the support you give to us and I value your efforts and dedication to better yourselves through your practice.  I once heard someone use the analogy of “It’s like a mushroom breaking through concrete.”  And that’s how I see us as a grassroots community.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you once again and God bless you all. 
   
To your health & success
Marco  Gamez
P.S.
2 year celebration coming soon…..           

No comments:

Post a Comment